life commentary, poetry, personal writings and photograpy

inside

The only reason I could believe there is such a thing as a soul, is, I cannot describe the thing that is now missing within me.
I feel a void to my core. Hollow, functioning from the outside, sometimes even quite well, but a strange darkness where reason of some sort once resided.
It's not depression, depression cripples, it won't allow such operation or confusion. Expression is still possible in cases of depression but this void never fills with such things that seemed to originate there in the past.
So now that this thing is gone, whatever it may be, am I soon to go as well? Significant in its purpose, meaning, drive, want and need, have I droned?
Am I nothing now?
I am my job and where I live? That's fucking it?
I sure the fuck lost something...